How to host your own house concert.
House concerts are becoming a popular venue for independent touring bands today, and some of my favorite gigs of the last year were performed in somebody’s home. They are a great way to throw a party or mingle with musicians in a comfortable, casual setting–your home!
All of the groups I play with are available to play house shows. Please feel free to contact me and I’ll put you in touch with the appropriate person for that group.
Additionally, I can provide a group to play jazz standards, bluegrass, pop, folk, instrumental, or vocal music for an event in your home.
- 30 guests minimum and a suggested donation of at least $10. More guests may be required for larger groups.
- Enough space for your guests with comfortable seating.
- A space for the band with easily accessible electricity and adequate light. For a duo, an area of 10′ x 10′ will provide plenty of space.
- Food & Drink – Not required, but encourage your guests to bring snacks to share!
- For shows more than two hours away from New York City, we may need a place to stay for the night.
If you are interested in hosting a house concert with any of the groups listed above, please contact me and we’ll start working on the details!